Saturday, May 4, 2013

Another day, another destiny

I know I constantly need reminders to be grateful for everything that I have and to stop constantly fretting over my own trivial matters but, to hear such terrible news yesterday was just. :'( It provided a good dose of harsh reality but I was also reminded of how helpless I am in such situations. Not much I can do except pray and spread more positive vibes.

And as it's the eve of our nation's 13th General Election, this song comes to mind:


There's not a lot I can say that's not been said all over the Internet already.Our people have come a long way since the last election. More people are taking the stand and expressing their rights as voters. For me, I've long stepped out of the childhood view that an election was a battle between the "good" party and the "bad" party. Whatever the outcome tomorrow, I hope both parties accept it with dignity. The MOST important thing though, is that may we see tomorrow through unscathed and safe. There's really no point in people getting hurt over this, even if it's of national proportions. 

First blog post in over a month woah. Either Med school's been really packed or I've been really lazy. 

There seems to be a Les Mis song for every occasion. Wheee

No comments: