Sunday, August 31, 2008

It's not over...It never was...

How long has it been? How many weeks has it been since we actually had a conversation? Every moment that we share together, I wonder whether I should give in and end this silence yet, the barrier is there stopping me in my tracks, pulling us further apart.

I've felt despair, hopeless, and I really didn't want to care anymore. But if I didn't, would I be worrying about all this now. Fleeing from reality, running to others, trying to block you out, I am such a coward. Today, after "much" studying, I flipped through the handmade card you gave me for my birthday this year and I guess, I woke up. I remembered all those times, the ups and downs we faced together. I know, no matter how, when all else fails, you still be there standing alongside me.

No, our friendship was never a lie, it was foolish to even have that thought crossed our minds. And now, that it's wrecked and broken, I will pick those pieces and put them back together. Even if they may never be the way they were before, they will be stronger than before, surviving through that painful time.

I wonder, if you feel the same, were tears shed over the distance formed between us? Were those smiles you shared with others a mask to hide the pain as you hopefully glanced my way? Were there sleepless nights spent fretting over our tomorrow? If so, I'm sorry.

I'm sorry, for how blind I was.
I'm sorry, for neglecting you.
I'm sorry,for not doing anything.
I'm sorry, for thinking of giving up.

Give me time to sort things out. Our light will never die. And soon, we shall laugh, smile, cry together and see each other eye to eye again.

As for now, wait. I know you will be fine =).

I will get you back, my dear friend.

No comments: