Sunday, April 10, 2011

SC008

It's just not the same being with people from different part of your lives.

Recent situations have justified that.

It may be that I have grown too accustomed to the speech and lifestyles of my classmates that it seemed unfamiliar sitting among 4 other people speaking in Mandarin while as of recent times, jokes, crap and most conversations were done in English with current classmates. True, I think there is also the reason that I was never good with handling group conversations,I seem to be restricted to conveying my messages to only one person at a time. (which is not a very favourable trait if I am facing a panel of three interviewers on Tuesday.) So, in the end much conversation wasn't carried out and that turned into a missed opportunity to interact with more people. D=

Though, granted, conversations with some people never turn into awkward moments. And it seems that, for me anyway, no matter how long we've talked for that one day to catch up. There's still a lot that hadn't the chance to be said. I mean, being in different colleges and all now, there's already a part of our lives that each of us will never be part of and will never truly understand. Thinking about it, when I got home, I realised Hue Ching was right. We should have appreciated the time we had to meet up yesterday and talked more. Because who knows when we will ever have the chance again. And social media doesn't compensate for a real conversation face-to-face.

And no matter how interesting and wonderful college will turn out to be, this little part of me inside will never let go of high school because that's where a lot of things started off for me. College will never be the same. People aren't the same (and most of my more intimate friends have conveniently left for different colleges),teachers aren't the same, rules and system not the same...Any opportunity to return to CHS and ultimately to meet my friends cannot be passed up. Even if it means sacrificing a Monthly Meeting =/.

Yesterday, was eventful. In both a good and bad way. Who knows whether days like that will happen again in the near future. I even had to add a (?) behind the soon in " see you soon" while texting friends yesterday. Indication of how our lives hardly converge anymore. Next time, maybe it would have been even better if we really just sat down at a store outside school and talked about old and new times. I will anticipate that day.

Hope to meet all of you soon. (?)

No comments: