Saturday, September 3, 2011

Water Bottles on the floor!

Today I just sat for the IELTS exam. And to be honest, I don't know why, for an exam where the advice by peers(with above average English proficiency)I've been given is to not bother studying for it, I felt exceptionally tense. Maybe, because it involves a fee of about RM 550, or that despite whether I retake or not, the universities will only accept the first attempt's score. So, I kept having bad premonitions of slipping up over the days. But what wonders me most, that despite the worry, a side of me is still as slack. Well, I did prepare for it, though not as intensively as I could have, and I did spend almost ever day this week working on articles for CALEB, but it's not to say I could have spared time to study.

But then again, have I ever given it all for an exam? I never pull all-nighters, because I feel it would only make my mind groggy and unfocused in the morning. I don't think I could make myself truly study for a whole day but then, who could? Random musings.

And I guess it's a good thing I didn't underestimate IELTS. Shall hope for the best two weeks later...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can! Study a whole day I mean. It's not like I've never done it before kan. Exam in the day, then study like crap from noon till the next morning (when exam begins), with the only breaks being toilet breaks, shower and food.

Fell asleep during the paper but did awesome anyway. :D

Zhi Min said...

Hah, I won't fall asleep but my brain will go blur and I do lousy. So I sleep early(if 11 is counted as early==).

What paper was that?o.0