Saturday, December 24, 2011

Another Silent Night

I am currently facing this..somewhat minor dilemma, and maybe writing it will help it be more organised.

Well, for some A-Levels students, now would be the time where they eagerly check their email inboxes, hoping for a reply, or even an offer from the universities that they have applied to. I too, have been offers, but only offers that invite me for interviews. So, just for your knowledge, I've applied to Cambridge, Dundee, Edinburgh and Imperial. Cambridge and Dundee interviews have been done with and Edinburgh requires no interview. The offer/rejection letters should come in by January hopefully. So, Imperial also just recently gave me an interview offer. Thing is, it requires me flying all the way to London.

I have consulted some friends on the matter but opinions have been divided. Some say to go for it but others say not to risk it. Now that one thinks of it, those who were against it are those who are also in the UCAS applications phases. Anyway, the main obstacle that is making this decision so hard is the money. Flying to London just to have an interview would cost about 5k already (air tickets + other expenses). Then, it's not like going all the way means I'm certain of an offer. Heck, even if all 4 unis gave me offers, I may not even end up picking one =/ with me already have one scholarship. My poor cousin flew all the way for his Oxford interview and ended up rejected, as well as my other friends who applied. Sigh.

But, me, being myself, wouldn't want to let this go without trying. I would not want to regret leaving this hanging. Even if this uni isn't my top choice ( Imperial being in London,isss pricey), I would still want to know if I'm capable of a place. See how my stubbornness and foolishness leads me to situations not unlike this.

Maybe I'll just continue waiting. See whether something happens to make this easier. For some reason, the email did not say by when I should reply. And they are on Christmas break now.

Or maybe, I shall go flip a coin.

No comments: