Wednesday, May 21, 2008

A dedication to my friend


Innocence


Strolling through an endless meadow,
Feeling the breeze,
Trying to catch your shadow,
Everything is at ease.


Troubles come,
Storms emerged,
When you come,
They shall all clear.

Meeting you,
Was the will of fate,
Befriending you,
A chance I did take.

Days of young spent wandering,
Happy days spent playing,
Then the world changed,
But my hand you kept on holding.

Tears that fell,
Were wiped away.
Blood that spilt,
You helped ease the pain.

Times of victory,
Rejoiced together,
Reminiscing our story,
Never one without the other.

There were times,
I thought I could never go on,
But you were there for me,
Leading me to the new dawn.

Arguments arise,
We exchange glares,
But after all the anger,
Again appear the cheerful stares.

When I was down.
You tried to make me smile,
Yet for you,
All I did was hide.

I feel sorry for you.
I feel bad for the times,
You risked what you want,
To be by my side.

Fooling around,
Your innocent smile,
Makes me forget,
The troubles I compile.

Looking back at those days,
Nostalgia in my heart,
Is this what happens,
When we grow up?

Exploring memories,
I feel really blessed,
Our friendship had,
Survive till all this time.

Now you’re fifteen,
We’re all growing up,
But our spirit,
We always stay the same.

Now it’s almost twelve,
Let me wish, deep from my heart,
Happy Birthday,
My wonderful friend.

Thanks for everything, Le Yi.
Happy Birthday!

Us doing homework on that fine day

Soh Zhi Min
Written on the night on 20th May, 11.33p.m

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice poem ;> wat is url
???????