Sunday, December 16, 2007

The BAKP Camp (Part 4)

My hand has two shades now....

Day 3

The morning went on in the usual routine...exercise and flag ceremony.We didn't really had much to do today. We took our stuff over to the canteen and helped to do Sze Hui's BAKP log book. I had to write about the 'malam kepanduan'. Ok enough...Soon everyone was bored...everyone in my group anyway. Wonder why our group's so quiet compared to the other group. I went over to Le Yi's group and talked with them. I saw this first aid kit and tried opening it but I guess I did it the wrong way and the knob came off.Luckily, Pei Jia fixed it. Later,somewhere at dusk. I got called to help them at the 'kitchen' . Getting the job of main cook must be hectic...Hooi Yin who got the post said herself this was her most stressful camp yet.I helped to get water for them.

At night, there was another 'malam kepanduan', for the State Camp. We all got mini flashlights and were told to get autographs from the state campers.It was also singing, dancing and the usual guide stuff.There was a ceremony where we had to throw our wishes in to the campfire. Someone said they were gonna tell our wishes so I just wrote that I hope the camp ended well(it did). If I knew I would have written something grander...There was a guide history quiz after this. I have no idea what the answers were so I just 'tembak' it.

This time we slept in the hall again in case of a storm.We slept in two lines ,each line 30 people.The candidates slept on the stage.It was already 2;30 am. Alicia was next to me and we set three alarm clocks.Two handphones and a real alarm clock.

Day 4(last day)

Usual routine but we kept our full-u on for the whole day. Our tents went down and most of the gadgets too.Our luggage was moved to the 'urus setia', I got back the quiz results-27/50, not bad I guess.We went to the hall for speeches,prize-giving and badge-giving.We then went to the
closing ceremony.We shook hands with everyone(literally).Then lunch and we carried stuff from a hut to to the' urus setia' When our bus came, human chain again.

In the bus, we were told we had to go to school on Saturday to clean up.Quite some people couldn't come.Most of Wei Lin's team couldn't make it. A lot of people slept on the bus..Duh..Reached school at about 5pm. Had to carry stuff to the Guide Room then we can leave.
Camp Officially Ended

Brought to you by,
Zhi Min
Finally some real sleep...

No comments: