Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Tune on the humility

Ooh~ I AM cocky. Time to water down the ego.

I should not feel so sore about the essay. Because:

No matter what. It's still last minute work. And due to that, it probably wasn't that good after all.

I have very limited vocabulary. Shame on me. =(

It was done in a rush, lacking any depth. Maybe my last minute work is not so good after all =S.

It (the essay) seems pretty shallow now.

It seems cliched.

Not descriptive enough.

Strayed from the title I think.

It doesn't suit what the judges wanted? Maybe I should have just wrote down my thoughts==.

Lol, if I think about my essay now, it seems like I wrote it years ago. But nah, I still think it has its worth. The essay I wrote last year would have already been so childish to me this time a year ago. Maybe I have improved. =D Ok, cockiness arising again.

Why the sudden epiphany?

It's because I just read one of the finalists' essay and mine pales in comparison to hers. =S I do have a lot to work on. Starting with my dreadful vocabulary, I need more descriptive words!

Well, there's still 2 more years to try. I think. Open to ages 14 -19 right?==

One thing though,

I feel so sorry for Wen. All that fantisizing, and imagining will really remain as imagination. I might not have been so serious on the 2 of us roaming Dublin together. But now, I really NEED to boost myself up.( Have I said this before some time ago?== Deja Vu)

Now, I really want you to go to Dublin. Why?

I want us to have fun together. Duh.

After all you've been true, I want you to be genuinely happy again for once.

Bonding. =D

From what I saw in Kenny Sia's blog=P, Dublin is SPECTACULAR! Beautiful scenery and friendly people.

And now, we both have to wait at least a year. Or never. Who knows what will happen in the next few months.

I'm so sorry. I promised you. I broke it. Failing you is actually the BIGGEST reason why I'm so sore.

I know it's not a big deal. Our friendship definitely won't crash because of something so trivial.==

We can still hang in my place right? ;)

Though PLEASE remind me next time to stop procrastinating and do it seriously. Do it to WIN. PRODUCE something that will WIN. All eyes on the prize.

P.S Sighs. We only feel the loss of something when it is truly gone. =( Once again, sorry.

No comments: