Friday, December 12, 2008

I pulled through!

Yes! I passed Pekhemah! Well, one part of it= =...So relieved..I remember my whole cooking process was throw stuff into pot, throw into wok, stir stir,fry fry, and estimate the time it takes to cook.= = To think I only practiced one dish. All my friends' prayers and blessings must have been answered..or I really have cooking talent lol.

Anyway, gonna update on what happened these two days_yesterday and Wednesday.

Wednesday
Sighs..I had to go to school again..and I thought I could have a day to rest and practice on my pekhemah. Well, all the pekhemah candidates came actually,except Sonia and Jing Wen. Ans at least, got to see some friends in person after so long.First, we carried all the stuff form the guide room down to the lodge. Then there was this lil entering ceremony where we open the lodge for the first time. It's a reenactment of Sangam's ceremony, where a coconut and a ..uh...comb? lol of bananas were involved.Then, back to work. Sunflower and Orchid cleaned the windows. Then dunno why, we got jumbled up and half of them went to cook and the other half(my half) cleaned the floor. So, I got teamed up with Lyn and Jia =D And, it was quite ..fun? albeit tiring. Lol, we didn't have to go to the beach. Having soup water flow through your legs is the same as feeling seawater on the beach. There was even sand in there lol. Lyn said next time. when our new juniors arrive, we can tell them it was us that time who had to get on all floors to clean the lodge.Erm..then ..we..ah..carried stuff inside. After that we ate. T.T My bros go to Pavillion, I go to school. They eat at Li Jin Restaurant. I eat Maggi mee and drink syrup.Then, more tidying up and balik. = =

Hong Jin and Jia Xin opening the lodge.

It's open! =D

Entering


Us cleaning

Pui San blurred...

Cleaning the..guide room

The Guide Lodge cleaning crew
Miss Mag giving a talk before we go back


Thursday
Pekhemah day! I arrived late summore..when I arrived, everyone over there... patching screen holes? So, got to work on setting up our "kitchens". The ZM HL team worked pretty efficiently, if I do say so myself. =S So after, setting up, setting up the sacks, zinc and bricks, we can start cooking. The whole cooking process was real..well, chaotic. I just dumped stuff into the wok and at first, my fire couldn't get big ><. Ash and smoke was everywhere. I wonder if I should have lent my fan to Jing Wen= =. I had 2 and dunno why gave her the bigger one..while the smaller one was later deemed useless by Hooi Yin. I learnt that, even if it looks like your fire is out, with a fan it will be rievived. lol Thanks vian and yin for helping me jaga api. =D I remember, when I was cooking the last dish(my kuey tow), the fire went out halfway and I just kept on frying..since hot enough already and I'm done anyway..Dont care liao. Oh..Thanks Han Lin for cooking water for me too. Btw, were we one of the fastest who finished= =?

Then, placed the dishes on to plates and carried it to the lodge. There's a table outside so after placing tableclothes, the food went on. Back to cooking site to clean up. Later, Miss Mag arrived and gave comments on our gadgets. Our tabletop actually sunk already due to the weight o.0 And..all of us didnt put a cover for the larders= =. Hmm..what else, our gadgets were pretty impractical. Lol.

Hm..more cleaning up. Then it rained! No need for A-tent and screen building liao. Our food was tested while we worked. Then we got called over too. First was Han Lin, can see that she put a lot of effort in it, food was good and there were deco too. Passed =D. Then, everyone seemed to get shot afterwards, so except Han Lin, all the form 2s had to redo. When it was my turn. Cynthia(btw, she;s our tester) like straight away said I passed everything..Phew. comments: Kuey tow a bit oily, fish a bit dry and the accompanying veggies were in too big slices, soup was good =D, green tes too bitter= =and no taste, Oh..mug not suitable. But I still passed! relieved..
Sonia had to redo her fried rice because it was too hard. Jing Wen passed everything too I think.

So we snacked then but had to move inside cause there was thunder/lightning. Through eating, mum came and had to hurriedly eat, pack everything and go rush to tuition! Yes..TUITION!!! ><

Photos will be up in my space.

No comments: